Road trips are always fun, aren’t they? And for a biker to travel on the two-wheeler through the less-travelled routes is a charm in itself. If you are planning to go on a road trip this winter, make sure your bike has a good insurance cover in place. Many issues can pop up when you travel on the road and its best to stay prepared. Take a look at this article to know how a two-wheeler insurance plan can help you in your journey.
Tips to get the right bike insurance cover
Going on a two wheeler road trip is exciting but dangerous as well. You need to keep the following tips in mind for purchasing or renewing your bike insurance policy that is affordable yet provides extensive coverage:
- Get sufficient insurance: Ensure you have a comprehensive insurance cover. A third party insurance plan may not be sufficient on such a trip. A comprehensive plan includes the benefits of the mandatory third-party insurance plan. Thus, you meet the legal requirements associated with a third-party insurance plan as well as get wide-ranging coverage associated with a comprehensive plan.
- Look for the correct riders: As stated, you need the maximum insurance coverage. Look for riders that can help you to protect your engine, provide roadside assistance and also offer personal accident covers. It will be a bit risky to travel without these add-on covers.
- Look online: Look for an online two wheeler insurance plan. This is because you need to make an unbiased choice. Your agent may push a plan that’s not suitable for you. Explore the bike insurance online plans and find a good cover at an affordable price.
- Compare: To get the right cover, you need to compare bike insurance online. Unless you compare, you won’t be able to get your ideal plan at the right price.
- Carry all the documents: Even if you buy an online two wheeler insurance plan, make sure you print out the policy documents and carry them with you. You may not have access to the internet on your road trip. This is why the physical papers are needed at all times.
- Renew your plan: If you find that your policy expiration date falls somewhere in between your trip, make sure you renew your bike insurance online before you leave.
- Check cashless garages: Choose an insurer that has a vast cashless garage network. This way, if your bike breaks down in the middle of a road trip, you can avail the cashless garage facility wherein the expenses incurred to repair damages to the bike are settled between the insurance company and the garage.
- Make an informed choice – No matter which type of policy you choose or from which insurer you purchase your bike insurance policy, make it a point to understand all details. Get your doubts clarified. Read the inclusions and exclusions of the policy. This will enable you to understand your policy and the coverage offered in a better manner. It will be helpful while raising a claim.
Keep the bike in good shape
Before going on a road trip, it is necessary to ensure that your bike is in good shape. Visit your bike’s service station to get the vehicle ready for a road trip. Tell the mechanic that you will be going on a bike road trip so that he can look at the bike from that angle and suggest any specific changes. Keep checking the fuel, air pressure, indicator lights, etc. from time-to-time on your road trip.
Be focused and alert. And most of all, enjoy your journey.